- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Annual spring sale for Adamstown book worms
June Hacker, Ephrata
June Elizabeth Hacker, born June 4, 1919, passed into the arms of her Lord and Savior Sunday, Sept. 30, 2012 at Cedarbrook Nursing Home, Allentown.
June was the daughter of the late Herb and Caroline Myers, and a life-long resident of Ephrata. She was preceded in death by her husband of 55 years, Ike Hacker.
She was a loving and caring wife and mother, whose devotion to God and family was evident in her daily life.
June is survived by her daughters: Julie, wife of William Wilkinson, of Richardson, Texas; Linda, wife of George Gibbs, of Emmaus; a son: Willard Hacker, of Ephrata; grandchildren: Bob and John Wilkinson and Diana Hulton and Amanda Sabastro; and great- grandchildren: Jade, Ian, Aaliyah, Kate, Josh, Matt, Hannah June, Ryan and Will.
A memorial service will be held Oct. 4 at 1 p.m. at the First United Methodist Church, 68 N. Church St., Ephrata, with Pastor Walter Carter officiating.
Memorial contributions in June’s memory may be made to the Mission Fund at the First United Methodist Church, 68 N. Church St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.