- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Karl Ramm, railroad assoc. president, BRC manager
Karl F. Ramm, 77, of Ephrata, died at Ephrata Community Hospital Monday, March 28, 2011.
He was born in Wyomissing, a son of the late Alfred Ramm. He was the husband of Phoebe J. (Trego) Ramm, with whom he shared 55 years of marriage.
Karl was a radio announcer and mechanic in the U.S. Navy during World War II. He worked for D&E Phone Company and was a manager of Blue Ridge Cable Company. He also worked for the Gerber Company.
A member and past president for 10 years of the Ephrata Railroad Association, Karl was also past president of the Historic Conservation Trust, where he was instrumental in the restoration of the Ephrata Railroad Station.
Surviving in addition to his wife is his son: Jack, husband of Mary Jo Ramm, of Western Springs, Ill.; three grandsons: Adam Ramm, of Manhattan, Kan.; Jason Ramm, of Austin, Texas; and Brian Ramm, of Western Springs, Ill.; and a sister: Judie Long, of South Carolina.
Funeral services were held April 2 at Stradling Funeral Home with the Rev. Stephen Ericson officiating.
The family requests memorial contributions in Karl’s memory be sent to Historic Conservation Trust, P.O. Box 591, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Akron/Ephrata. To send a condolence, visit stradlingfuneralhome.com.