- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Kathleen L. Evans, 64, worked in food service
Kathleen L. Evans, 64, of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, May 1, 2013, at Denver Health & Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Mohnton to the late Luther and Naomi (Strause) Hoffert and was the wife of Michael R. Evans with whom she shared 20 years of marriage.
Kathleen grew up in New Holland. She worked most of her life in the food service industry. She enjoyed reading, needle point and crocheting in her spare time. The rest of her time was dedicated to her loving husband, children and grandchildren.
In addition to her husband, Kathleen is survived by a son: Chad Lebo of Ephrata; three daughters: Virginia, wife of Troy Mueller of Narvon; Yvonne Wallick of Lancaster; Sara, wife of Fransisco Tirado-Alvez of New Holland; six grandchildren: Jake and Tia Mueller; Alyssa and Keyleigh Wallick; Jennette Rivera; Westleigh Kennedy; and a sister: Marilyn Owens of West Lawn.
A viewing was held May 6 at the Stradling Funeral Home followed by her funeral services with Chaplain Andrea Miotto officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Kathleen’s memory may be made to the Alzheimers Foundation of America, 322 Eighth Ave., 7th Floor, New York, NY 10001
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.