- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Kathryn Martin, helped run farm, taught Sunday School
Kathryn M. Martin, 93, of New Holland, passed away Monday, July 2, 2012 at Garden Spot Village, New Holland.
She was born in Lancaster County to the late Peter and Agnes (Reinhold) Lausch. Kathryn was the wife of the late Eli W. Martin, with whom she shared 48 years of marriage before his passing in 1994.
Kathryn was a member of Groffdale Mennonite Church, Leola, where she taught Sunday school. Kathryn was a loving homemaker and actively helped her husband run the farm. She enjoyed music.
Kathryn is survived by a daughter: Rhoda M., wife of Jake Smucker, of Gordonville; a son: Ray M., husband of Miriam (Smoker) Martin, of New Holland; five grandchildren: Laura, Rachel, Jonathan, Shaun and Erica Martin; and a sister: Ruth Hamilton, of Ohio.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Lois Martin; a daughter-in-law: Nancy Martin: a son-in-law: Paul Weaver; four brothers: Charles, Peter, Carl and Arthur Lausch; and two sisters: Mary Buch and Dorothy Mast.
Funeral services were held on July 5 at the Chapel at Garden Spot Village, New Holland, with Pastor Chet Yoder officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions in Kathryn’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604 or to Garden Spot Village, Benevolent Fund, 433 S. Kinzer Ave., New Holland, PA 17557.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.