- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Kathryn Meckley, Hemerich retiree
Kathryn R. Meckley, 87, died peacefully at Fairmount Nursing Home surrounded by family after a brief illness Friday, Jan. 6, 2012.
She was born Nov. 14, 1924 in Schoeneck to the late Paul and Violet Weik Netzley. She was the wife of the late Eugene Meckley.
Kathryn graduated from Denver High School. She was employed by Cinderella and Hemerichs before retiring. She enjoyed traveling and spending time in Florida. She was an avid bingo player. She especially enjoyed spending time with her family. She was a member of St. John’s United Church of Christ (UCC) in Denver.
Kathryn is survived by a son: Randolph Meckley, husband of Vicky (Enck), of Denver; a daughter: Ann Meckley, of Denver; a granddaughter: Lori, wife of Jeff Wanner; two grandsons: Brett, husband of Briana Meckley, and Nathan, husband of Amanda Meckley, all of Denver; great-grandchildren: Justin and Lindsey Wanner and Brooke, Brant, Andrew and Eleanor Meckley, all from the Denver area; two brothers: Paul Jr., husband of Shirley Netzley; and Donald, husband of Linda Netzley; and a sister: Pauline Weitzel.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a son: Ronald, husband of Donna (Leed) Meckley; and a brother: Arthur, husband of Edna Netzley.
Funeral services were held on Jan. 11 at St. John’s UCC, Denver, with Rev. David R. Brumbaugh officiating. Interment took place in the Fairview Cemetery Annex.
Donations in Kathryn’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.