- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Kathryn Witwer Houck, 93, Ephrata, homemaker
Kathryn Witwer Houck, 93, of Ephrata, died Sunday, Aug. 10, 2014 at Ephrata Manor.
Born in Blue Ball, she was the daughter of the late Alvin S. and Katie (Keiffer) Witwer. She was the wife of the late Paul E. Houck who died in 2009.
She had numerous jobs in the Blue Ball and New Holland area but mainly was a homemaker.
Surviving are three children: Rose Ann Shirk of New Holland, Robert L., married to Pat (Byers) Houck of Manheim, and Terry Houck, partner of Pamela F. Scott of Ephrata; six grandchildren: Stacy, Troy, Stephanie, Jennifer, Jason, and Chad; and seven great-grandchildren.
Preceding her in death is a son: Darrell E. Houck; a grandson: Logan Lee Houck; and two sisters: Martha Swartz and Pauline Wessner.
A private graveside service will be held at the convenience of the family.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Ephrata Manor, 99 Bethany Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
To send the family online condolences, visit groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements entrusted to Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill.