- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Kathryn Z. Styer, 93, Brownstown resident
Kathryn Z. Styer, 93, of Brownstown, passed away Wednesday, May 29, 2013, at the Reading Hospital.
She was born in West Earl to the late Jacob and Elizabeth (Zimmerman) Burkholder.
Kathryn is survived by three children: Gerald L., husband of Marjorie Styer of Brownstown; Gary R., husband of Tammy Styer of Reinholds; Kay Y., wife of Ernest Youndt of Mohnton; eight grandchildren; nine great grandchildren; three brothers: Leon, wife of Pat Burkholder; Walter Burkholder; and Abram, husband of Jane Burkholder.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by six brothers: Jacob Burkholder Jr., Paul Burkholder, Willis Burkholder, Leroy Burkholder, Harold Burkholder and Carl Burkholder; and three sisters: Suie Bowman, Mary Herr and Edna Hoffner.
A visitation was held June 3 at the Stradling Funeral Home followed by a memorial service. Interment took place in the Metzler Mennonite Cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.