- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Larry E. ‘Shakey’ Kreider 67, Ephrata, retired from Case New Holland, avid Cowboys fan
Larry E. “Shakey” Kreider, 67, of Ephrata, passed away peacefully June 19, 2014, at Hospice and Community Care in Mt. Joy with his loving family by his side. He had been fighting a short, but valiant battle against cancer.
He was born in Lancaster, on Nov. 24, 1946, to the late John and Harriet (McComsey) Kreider and later lived in Lititz before settling in Ephrata to start a family. In addition to serving his country in the U.S. Navy, he spent 35 years working at Case (Sperry) New Holland before retiring in 2005.
He was an avid Cowboys football fan, he loved riding his motorcycle and collecting all the latest electronic gadgets, but most of all, he enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren.
He was the beloved father of Duane Kreider of Ephrata and Denise (Kreider), wife of Abiodun Okuwa of Lititz. In addition to his children, he is survived by his brother: Barry, husband of Darlene Kreider of Ephrata, and four grandchildren.
Services were held June 24 from Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family in Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery, with military honors accorded by the Red Rose Veterans Honor Guard.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.