- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Larry Sweigart, 69, LS Tire owner
Larry Sweigart, 69, of Reading, passed away Friday, March 16, 2012 at his home.
He was born in Lancaster County to the late Stephen C. Sr. and Marion J. (Bonsall) Sweigart, and was the husband of Agnes L. (Brightbill) Sweigart, with whom he shared 52 years of marriage.
Larry’s number one priority was his family. He also enjoyed auto racing and was a crew member on a modified stock car racing team. Larry was a self-employed business owner of LS Tire, Reading.
In addition to his wife, Larry is survived by his three children: Jackie Trate, of Shillington; Colleen Sweigart, of Reading; and Lorne Sweigart, of Mohnton; four grandchildren: Tia and Ben Trate and AshLee and Adam Sweigart; a great-granddaughter: KyLee Sweigart; four brothers: Stephen Jr., husband of Edith Sweigart, of Ephrata; Kenneth, husband of Barbara Sweigart, of Virginia; Warren Sweigart, of Denver; and Ronald, husband of Mary Sweigart, of Reinholds; and two sisters: Betty, wife of Harold Kauffman, of Reinholds; and Judith Smith, companion of Roy Stricker, of Lycoming County; .
He was preceded in death by a sister: Shirley Ruth.
Funeral services were held March 21 at the Wyomissing United Church of Christ, Sinking Spring, with Rev. Rebecca Brenner officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Larry’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604 or Wyomissing United Church of Christ, 2 Vermont Road, Sinking Spring, PA 19608.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.