- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Laura Zerbe, 87, bank employee
Laura Zerbe, 87, Claymont, Del., formerly of Reading; New Castle, Del.; and Naples, Fla., died Tuesday, June 12, 2012 in Compassionate Care Hospice at St. Francis Hospital, Wilmington, Del.
Born in Reading, she was a daughter of the late Clyde L. and Vera M. (Fischer) James. Her husband, Alvin R. Zerbe, died Jan. 23, 1993.
A Reading High School graduate, she worked at several banks.
Surviving are daughters: Eileen D. Zerbe, of Claymont, Del.; and Nancy L. Zerbe, wife of Peter Materna, of Metuchen, N.J.; a son: and Robert C., husband of Barbara Zerbe, of New Castle, Del.; seven grandchildren; and sisters: Alberta Schock, of Naples, Fla.; and Ann Konnick, of Reading.
A sister: Vera Eckelman, predeceased her.
Funeral services were held on June 16 from Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, with Pastor Tim Garman officiating. Burial took place in Muddy Creek Cemtery, Swartzville. Contributions to Alzheimer’s Association, Box 96011, Washington, DC 20090-6011.
The family wishes to thank the caregivers of Arden Court, Comfort Keepers and Compassionate Care Hospice.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.