- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Laura Zerbe, 87, bank employee
Laura Zerbe, 87, Claymont, Del., formerly of Reading; New Castle, Del.; and Naples, Fla., died Tuesday, June 12, 2012 in Compassionate Care Hospice at St. Francis Hospital, Wilmington, Del.
Born in Reading, she was a daughter of the late Clyde L. and Vera M. (Fischer) James. Her husband, Alvin R. Zerbe, died Jan. 23, 1993.
A Reading High School graduate, she worked at several banks.
Surviving are daughters: Eileen D. Zerbe, of Claymont, Del.; and Nancy L. Zerbe, wife of Peter Materna, of Metuchen, N.J.; a son: and Robert C., husband of Barbara Zerbe, of New Castle, Del.; seven grandchildren; and sisters: Alberta Schock, of Naples, Fla.; and Ann Konnick, of Reading.
A sister: Vera Eckelman, predeceased her.
Funeral services were held on June 16 from Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, with Pastor Tim Garman officiating. Burial took place in Muddy Creek Cemtery, Swartzville. Contributions to Alzheimer’s Association, Box 96011, Washington, DC 20090-6011.
The family wishes to thank the caregivers of Arden Court, Comfort Keepers and Compassionate Care Hospice.
For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.