- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Lavilla M. Smith 94, long-time sexton at HUMC, homemaker, Hopeland Mfg. worker
Lavilla M. Smith, 94, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, March 27, 2014, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in ClayTownship, daughter of the late John and Alice (Eberly) Farlow and was the wife of the late Clyde A. Smith, who died October 16, 2000.
She was a member of the HopelandUnitedMethodistChurch, where she served as a sexton of Church for 37 years. She was also a member of Brickerville Leisure Hours, and the CocalicoAreaSeniorCenter in Reinholds. She was a homemaker and also worked for Hopeland Manufacturing.
Lavilla is survived by two daughters: Sylvia A., wife of Richard L. Weitzel of Lititz, and Sharon E., wife of Donald Neal of Melbourne, Fla.; a son: Nevin L., husband of Susan Smith of Lancaster; four grandchildren: Lori, Joshua, Margaret, and Michael; and five great-grandchildren.
In addition to her parents and husband, she is preceded in death by a grandson: Jeffrey; and two brothers: Leroy and Harlan.
Services were held April 1 at Hopeland United Methodist Church, Hopeland, with Pastor David T. Ryan and Pastor Russell Eberly officiating. Interment followed in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Memorial contributions in Lavilla’s memory may be made to the Ephrata Manor, 99 Bethany Road, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.