- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Lawrence Sager, 77, Korean War vet, Yellow Frt. driver
Lawrence R. "Larry" Sager, 77, of Akron, left his suffering behind for eternal reward Thursday, July 5, 2012 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Cortland, N.Y., to the late George and Doris (Treacy) Williams and was the husband of Lorraine M. (Wagner) Sager, with whom he shared 17 years of marriage.
Larry was a member of Bible Baptist Church, Akron, and a member of the Fire Police Association of Pennsylvania. He served in the U.S. Air Force during the Korean War. Larry enjoyed fishing and Nascar and was a former race car driver. He especially enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren. During his working years, he was a truck driver for Yellow Freight for 33 years before retiring in 1999.
In addition to his wife, Larry is survived by five sons: Dave, Denny, Larry Jr., Vernon and Glenn Sager; a stepson: Joey Hicks; nine grandchildren; a brother: Skip; and a sister: Donna.
He was preceded in death by two brothers: Roy and Vince.
A memorial service will be held on July 28 at 3 p.m. at the Bible Baptist Church, 45 S. Ninth St., Akron, with Pastor George Frantz officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family with full military honors accorded by the Red Rose Honor Guard.
Memorial contributions in Lawrence’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604 or to Bible Baptist Church, 45 S. Ninth St., Akron, PA 17501.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.