- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Leo A. McCready, 88, Army vet, HR manager at Pennwalt, enjoyed floral arranging
Leo A. McCready, 88, of New Holland, passed away Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2017, at Ephrata Manor.
Born in Port Carbon, Leo was a son of the late Leo V. and Kathryn (Smith) McCready.
Leo was a member of Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church, New Holland, and proudly served in the United States Army. He later worked as a human resources manager for Pennwalt. In his spare time, he enjoyed making floral arrangements. He will be fondly remembered for his absolute generosity towards all.
Leo is survived by his sister: Ann Tierney of New Holland; nieces: Michelle Godsil, wife of Paul, of Vancouver, Wash.; and Sharon A. Butler, wife of John, of Mahopak, N.Y.; nephews: Bruce Tierney of Pottstown; Blane Tierney of Sparta, N.J.; and Mark A. Tierney, husband of Lisa, of Mason, Ohio; and six grandnieces and grandnephews.
Memorial services will be held at a later date at Our Lady of Lourdes Church, New Holland.
To send the family online condolences, visit beckfuneral.com. Arrangements by Beck Funeral Home, New Holland.