- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Leonard D. Lewis, 82, Ephrata, served the USAF in Vietnam, Korea, avid coin collector
Leonard D. Lewis, 82, of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, April 13, 2014, at the Ephrata Community Hospital.
He was born in Texas and was the husband of Vennisha Lewis, with whom he shared 33 years of marriage.
Leonard was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Lancaster. He retired from the US Air Force with over 20 years of service. He served in the Vietnam and Korean Wars. He was an avid coin collector.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by two sons: Robert and William Lewis; a daughter: Linda Lewis; four step children: Mel Hagler, Tina Simon, Lori Forgerson and Melody Speed; a brother: David Lewis; many grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Ray Lewis; and a sister: Louise Lewis.
A graveside service took place April 18 at Fort Indiantown Gap National Cemetery with military honors.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.