- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Leoncio C. Colon, Sr., 74, Reamstown Church of God member, worked for M. H. Eby
Leoncio C. Colon, Sr., 74, formerly of Leola, died July 11, 2014, in Golden Living Center, Lancaster.
Born in Coamo, Puerto Rico, a son of the late Timeteo and Leonoris (Colon) Colon-Correa, his wife, Leila J. (Stillwell) Colon, died Feb. 6, 2013.
He was a member of Reamstown Church of God and the Men’s Fellowship, and worked for M. H. Eby, Blue Ball, and earlier for Newcrete, New Holland. Leoncio loved hunting at the cabin in the mountains.
Surviving is his son: Leoncio C. “Poppy”, Jr., husband of Michelle (Fetter) Colon, Stevens; granddaughters: Cheyenne and Madelyn; brother: Israel C. (Louise C. Good) Colon, Mohnton; and sisters: Amelia, Milca and Rosa Edie Colon, all of Puerto Rico, and Basilisa and Rosa Elva Colon, Fla.
Funeral services were held July 15 at Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Rev. Arthur T. Karick officiating. Burial will followed in Memory Gardens Memorial Park, Ephrata.
To offer an online condolence, visit goodfuneral.com. Arrangements entrusted to Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown.