- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Leroy Burkholder, 33, carpenter
Leroy James Burkholder, 33, of Ephrata, passed away Friday, Jan. 20, 2012 at Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Lancaster, he was raised by his adoptive mother, Anna S. Burkholder, with whom he resided.
Leroy worked as a carpenter for various companies in the area.
In addition to his adoptive mother, he is survived by his three children: Meranda Lynn Burkholder, Brianna Marie Burkholder and Damien James Burkholder, all at home; a brother: James Rhoades; a sister: Michelle, wife of Thomas Walton, of Knauers; four nieces; and two nephews.
Funeral services will be held on Jan. 26 at 10 a.m. at the Muddy Creek Mennonite Church, 988 Beam Road, Denver, with Pastors Richard Hoover, Elvin Horst, Jolan Martin and Wilmer Burkholder officiating. Burial will take place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Leroy’s memory may be made to the Muddy Creek Mennonite Church, 988 Beam Road, Denver, PA 17517.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata.
Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.