- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Lester M. Houck, 96, vet, Frank Ix & Sons retiree
Lester M. Houck, 96, formerly of Blue Ball, died Tuesday, April 30, 2013, at Ephrata Manor.
Lester’s wife Effie F. (Simmons) Houck died in 2010.
Born in East Earl Township, he was the son of the late Roy S. and Catherine (Boley) Houck. He served in the U.S. Army in the 79th Infantry Division in the European Theater of Operations during WWII.
Lester was a member of the Mt. Airy E.C. Church.
He was a charter member of Pleasant View Hunting Camp, Clinton County, and a member of Charles F. Ludwig Post 7362 V.F.W., New Holland.
A textile worker at Frank Ix & Sons, New Holland, he retired in 1984 after 35 years.
Surviving are nieces and nephews. He is the last of his immediate family.
Funeral services were held May 3 at the Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland with the Reverend Bruce Willier officiating. Interment was in the Ranck’s United Methodist Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to the Mt. Airy Evangelical Congregational Church, 52 N. Hershey Ave., Leola, PA 17540.