- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
- Cool lineup!
Lester Miller, 89, Cocalico Sportsman’s Club member, blacksmith, equestrian
Lester Miller, 89, of Stevens, passed away Tuesday, April 22, 2014, at the Reading Hospital and Medical Center.
He was born in W. Cocalico Twp., son of the late Harry and Ellen (Landis) Miller.
He was a member of the Cocalico Sportsmen’s Club, and Adamstown Rod and Gun Club. He enjoyed riding horses, and hunted in his early years. Lester was still an active, self-employed Blacksmith (Ferrier).
Lester is survived by a sister: Helen, wife of Lester Lutz of New Holland; three nieces: Faye, wife of Dale Lober of New Holland, Shirley, wife of Roger Sweigart, and Darlene, wife of Jake Adams; and two nephews: Glenn L. Lutz of Leola, and Clyde Bowman; and several great-nieces and great-nephews.
He was preceded in death by a brother: Elam K. Miller; and four sisters: Gertrude “Gertie” Miller, Edna Miller, Mary Ream, and Alice Bowman.
Services were held April 25 at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, with Pastor Craig Snow officiating. Interment took place in the Pleasant View Cemetery, in Sinking Spring.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.