- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Lizzie S. Horst, 91, Ephrata
Lizzie S. Horst, 91, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, April 18, 2013, at her residence.
She was born in West Earl Township to the late Amos S. and Emma (Sensenig) Weaver and was the wife of the late Walter M. Horst who passed away March 26, 1971.
She was a member of The Conestoga Mennonite Church Groffdale Conference.
Lizzie is survived by her children: Earl W., husband of Mary (Martin) Horst of Middlesex, N.Y.; Leroy W. Horst; George W.; husband of Martha (Hoover) Horst; Amos W. Horst; Walter W., husband of Alta (Weaver) Horst all of Ephrata; Adin W., husband of Mary (Zimmerman) Horst of Harrod, Ohio; Alice W., wife of Daniel Burkholder of Mifflinburg; Emma W., wife of Allen Leid of Orrstown; Edna W., wife of Harvey B. Sensenig of East Earl; Anna W. Horst; Lydia W., wife of David O. Zimmerman of Shiloh, Ohio; Lena W. Horst at home; Nora W., wife of Elvin Oberholtzer of Shippensburg; 83 grandchildren, a number of great grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren; two sisters: Lydia Zimmerman of New Holland and Ella Zimmerman of Farmersville.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two daughters: Mary Ella Horst and Lizzie Mae Horst; a son-in-law: Henry Burkholder; five grandchildren; five brothers: Paul, Reuben, Amos and Isaac and Aaron Horst and a sister: Annie Weaver.
Funeral services were held April 22 at the late residence, with further services at the Conestoga Mennonite Church, Groffdale Conference with Bishop Ammon Z. Weaver officiating. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.