- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Lloyd J. Snyder, 91, born here, was farmer, plasterer
Lloyd J. Snyder, 91, of Greenville, S.C., formerly of Ephrata, died unexpectedly Thursday, June 20, 2013 at the Heartland Health Care in Greenville, S.C.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of the late Earl and Hettie (Myers) Snyder. His wife, F. Elizabeth (Givler) Snyder, died in 2004.
Lloyd was a farmer and a plasterer most of his life. He was a member of St. John’s Center United Church of Christ in East Earl and he enjoyed card parties.
Surviving is a daughter: Sandra, married to Kenneth George of Greenville, S.C.; a son: Harold, married to Cyndi (Shue) Snyder of Lancaster; seven grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; and a sister: Arlene Wise of Ephrata.
Preceding him in death is a son: Larry Snyder in 2001; and a brother: Lester Snyder.
Funeral services will be held June 26 at 2 p.m. at the St. John’s United Church of Christ, 432 Reading Road, East Earl, PA 17519 with the Reverend Bradley Haws officiating. Interment will be in the Bergstrasse Lutheran Cemetery. Viewing will be held Wednesday at St. John’s Center U.C.C. from 1 to 2 p.m.
In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to St. John’s Center U.C.C. (address above). To send the family online condolences visit us at groffeckenroth.com. Arrangements by Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill.