- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Lottie Wise, 100, worked at A.N. Wolf Shoe, animal lover
Lottie Wise, 100, of Brecknock Township, Stevens, died Aug. 2, 2013, at home.
Born in Napierville, she was the daughter of the late Benjamin and Lizzie (Sheaffer) Frederick. Her husband, Edwin C. Wise, Sr., died Sept. 4, 1987. She worked at the former A.N. Wolf Shoe Co., Denver, and was a generous person doing anything for anyone. Lottie loved animals, especially cats.
Survivors include her grandchildren: Edwin C. (Kathy) Wise, III, Stevens and Dena Marie Hostetter, Ephrata; eight great-grandchildren and seven great-great-grandchildren; daughter-in-law: Harriet Wise, Ephrata; and her cat: "Pumpkin." Her children: Betty Jane and Edwin C. Wise, Jr., predeceased her.
Private graveside services will be in Bergstrasse Cemetery, Ephrata.
Please omit flowers. Contributions can be made to Hospice & Community Care, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, is honored to be serving The Wise Family. For online condolences, visit goodfuneral.com.