- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Louanne M. Gensemer, 65, in first E.A.R.S. group
Louanne M. Gensemer, 65, of Denver, passed away Thursday, Feb. 21, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was born in Denver to the late Leroy G. and Verna E. (Ernst) Gensemer.
Louanne was a member of St. John’s UCC, Denver. In 1970, she was one of the first 10 participants in the E.A.R.S. program, a shelter for mentally and physically handicapped people. She loved to play solitaire, solve hidden word puzzles, bingo and watch TV Land.
Louanne is survived by her brother: Robert E., husband of Doreen (Earhart) Gensemer of Denver; four nieces: Stephanie, Jennifer, Trista and Mykayliah; two nephews: Dustin and Dakota; and six great nieces and nephews.
A graveside service was held on Feb. 26 at the Fairview Cemetery Annex, Steinmetz Road, Denver, with Rev. David Brumbaugh officiating.
Memorial contributions in Louanne’s memory may be made to Ephrata Area Rehab Services (E.A.R.S.) 29 Cloister Avenue Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.