- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Louise Moyer, 77, Cocalico school bus driver
Louise "Sissy" Moyer, age 77, of Denver Borough, died Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2011 in Ephrata Community Hospital.
Born in Lancaster, a daughter of the late Lewis and Anna (Schmidt) Smith, she was the wife of Richard H. Moyer for 55 years. A member of Vinemont Community Lutheran Church, she worked for Dutchmaid Inc., Cinderella Knitting Mills and drove school bus for Cocalico School District for 19 years. Louise loved time with her family, bowling and playing bingo.
Also surviving are sons: Ronald L., husband of Patricia (Harter) Moyer, of Brownstown; Ricky L., husband of Karen (Kilefner) Moyer, of Ephrata; Scot A., husband of Lori (Moyer) Moyer, of Lebanon; and Steven K., husband of Melissa (Petrak) Moyer, of Centreville, Va.; 12 grandchildren; a great-granddaughter; and sister: Ruth M., wife of Wilbur W. Rudy, of Ephrata.
She was predeceased by a grandson: Jonathan; and a brother: Eugene Smith. Funeral services were held on Dec. 10 from Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, with Rev. James A. DeLong and Rev. Robert A. Kramer officiating. Burial took place in Swamp Cemetery, Reinholds.
At Louise’s request, flowers shall be omitted. Contributions may be made to her church at 1278 Fritztown Road, Reinholds, PA 17569. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.