- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Lydia Martin, 95, homemaker
Lydia Ann Martin, 95, of Ephrata, died Friday, Jan. 13, 2012 at her home.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Amos W. Martin, in 1986. Born in Brecknock Township, she was the daughter of the late Daniel and Lydia (Shirk) Martin.
She was a homemaker and a member of the Martindale Mennonite Church, Groffdale Conference.
Surviving are five children: Rebecca M. Martin, with whom she resided; Ammon M., husband of Lizzie N. Martin, of Leola; Eli M., husband of Nora H. Martin, of Millmont; Amos M., husband of Sandra L. Martin, of Ronks; and Alice M., wife of Samuel Z. Horning, of Mifflinburg; 22 grandchildren; and 93 great grandchildren.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by a son: Irvin M. Martin; two sisters: Mary Kilmer and Hettie Nolt; three brothers: Eli, Moses and Daniel Martin; three great-grandsons; and two great- granddaughters.
Her funeral was held on Jan. 17 at her late home with further services at Martindale Mennonite Church with Bishop Titus Martin officiating. Interment took place in the adjoining church cemetery. Kindly omit flowers.
The Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill, was in charge of arrangements.