- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Lynn Martin, 68, Navy vet, enjoyed Green Dragon
Lynn Harvey Martin, 68, of Denver, passed away after a lengthy illness Friday, Nov. 23, 2012, at his home.
He was born in East Earl to the late Harvey Z. and Esther Elizabeth (Betty) Martin and was the husband of Charlotte (Stricker) Martin, of Denver.
Lynn attended Trinity United Methodist Church, Denver. He enjoyed fishing, nature and having breakfast at the Green Dragon with family. Lynn served in the U.S. Navy, and during his working years, he was a truck driver for F.W. Woolworth, Ames and Boscov’s. He retired from Boscov’s in 2008.
In addition to his wife, Lynn is survived by a son: Shawn Christopher, husband of Amanda (Diamon) Martin of Erie; two daughters: Debra Lynn Gooslin of Denver, Tammy Sue McNeil of Denver; eight grandchildren; ten great-grandchildren; seven siblings: Dale, husband of Ethel (Eisenhower) Martin of Ephrata, Betty Ann, wife of John Halley of Calif., Nelda Bauder of New Holland, Willa, wife of Luke Ulrich of Denver, Norma Knowles of Fla., Myrna, wife of Willis Eberly of Reinholds, and Lorin Martin of Denver.
He was preceded in death by an infant daughter: Nicole Denise Martin; a grandson: Jason Lynn Gooslin; a brother: Dean Martin; and a sister: Lucy Martin.
Services were held Nov. 27 at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver. with Pastor Michael Roney officiating. Interment followed in the Fairview Cemetery, Annex. Military Honors were accorded by the Red Rose Honor Guard. Memorial contributions in Lynn’s memory may be made to the Trinity United Methodist Church, 420 Main Street Denver, PA 17517.
Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver.