- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
M. Betty Wood, 87, VFW bartender
Margaret Betty Wood, age 87, formerly of Stevens, died Monday, Aug. 29, 2011 in Lancashire Hall, Neffsville.
She was born in Salisbury, England, a daughter of the late Ernest and Elsie (Oates) Whitmarsh. Her husband of 44 years, Landon "Bluey" Wood, died April 3.
Betty tended bar at the VFW Social Club, Gap, and was a member of the Church of England. She loved cooking, baking, sewing and especially animals. She was also a member of the Reamstown Athletic Association.
Surviving is a daughter: Carol, wife of Phil Koundakjian, Des Moines, Iowa; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Remember Betty with contributions to The Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, assisted the family with private arrangements. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.