- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
M. Betty Wood, 87, VFW bartender
Margaret Betty Wood, age 87, formerly of Stevens, died Monday, Aug. 29, 2011 in Lancashire Hall, Neffsville.
She was born in Salisbury, England, a daughter of the late Ernest and Elsie (Oates) Whitmarsh. Her husband of 44 years, Landon "Bluey" Wood, died April 3.
Betty tended bar at the VFW Social Club, Gap, and was a member of the Church of England. She loved cooking, baking, sewing and especially animals. She was also a member of the Reamstown Athletic Association.
Surviving is a daughter: Carol, wife of Phil Koundakjian, Des Moines, Iowa; four grandchildren; and two great-grandchildren.
Remember Betty with contributions to The Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
Good Funeral Home & Cremation Centre, Reamstown, assisted the family with private arrangements. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.