- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mabel Hurst, 92, Ephrata
Mabel H. (Zimmerman) Hurst, 92, of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, Oct. 27, 2012 at her home.
She was born in East Earl to the late Aaron and Mary E. (Horning) Zimmerman and was the wife of Noah Hurst, with whom she would have shared 70 years of marriage Oct. 29.
Mabel was a member of Lime Rock Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference.
In addition to her husband, Mabel is survived by five children: Mary, wife of Willis Wenger, of Womelsdorf; Miriam, wife of Leroy Martin, of Lebanon; Noah Jr., husband of Mildred (Zimmerman) Hurst, of Lititz; Irene, wife of Irvin High, of Myerstown; and Elvin, husband of Carol (Haller) Hurst, of Lititz; 25 grandchildren; 112 great- grandchildren; four great-great-grandchildren; and a son-in-law: Lloyd Martin, husband of the late Ruth (Hurst), of Lebanon.
Mabel was preceded in death by a daughter: Ruth Martin; three great-grandchildren; brother: Samuel Zimmerman; and sister: Anna Martin.
A viewing will be held Oct. 31 from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. at the Midway Mennonite Reception Center, 210 E. Lexington Road, Lititz. Funeral services will be held Nov. 1 at 9 a.m. from Midway Mennonite Reception Center, with further services held at 9:30 a.m. from Lime Rock Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference, Penn Valley Road, Lititz, with Bishop Melvin Martin officiating. Interment will take place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.