- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- A sure sign of summer: Denver finalizes community pool plans
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Family ‘Owl’bum
Margaret (Doster) Eckhart, 96, Ephrata, member of Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church
Margaret “Muckie” (Doster) Eckhart, 96, of Ephrata, passed away Sunday, Aug. 3, 2014, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Ephrata (Lincoln), daughter of the late Stewart and Emma (Shirker) Doster and was the wife of the late Frank Eckhart.
She was a member of Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church.
Margaret is survived by two granddaughters: Jean Hess of Jericho, Vt., and Sue Wright of Annapolis, Md.; and six great-granddaughters.
In addition to her parents and husband; Margaret is preceded in death by a daughter; Peggy Lou (Eckhart) Hess, who died on March 11, 2014.
Funeral service and interment will be private at the convenience of the family. A memorial service will be held at 3 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 16, at the Donecker Chapel at Ephrata Manor, 99 Bethany Road, Ephrata.
Memorial contributions in Margaret’s memory may be made to the Salem Evangelical Lutheran Church, 1331 West Main Street, Ephrata, PA 17522.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.