- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Margaret Martin, 88, Meadow Valley member
Margaret H. Martin, 88, of Denver, entered into rest at Hospice of Lancaster County in Mount Joy Tuesday, May 3, 2011.
She was born in Ephrata, a daughter of the late Foster O. and Emma H. (Horst) Lauver. She was the wife of the late Reuben N. Martin, who passed away in 2005.
Margaret was a member of Meadow Valley Mennonite Church (Weaverland Conference).
Surviving are her stepchildren: Nora, wife of Hugh Spurgin, of Conn.; Elizabeth Martin, of Lititz; Erla Martin, of Lancaster; Reuben Jr., husband of Kathy Martin, of Akron; Clyde, husband of Susan Martin, of Lititz; Victor, husband of Melody Martin, of Brownstown; Margaret, wife of George Zimmerman, of Lititz; and Joyce, wife of Bruce Heckman, of Brownstown; a stepdaughter-in-law: Ruth Martin, of Lititz; 24 stepgrandchildren; 30 stepgreat-grandchildren; 27 nieces and nephews; and two sisters-in-law: Anna Ruth Lauver and Emma Lauver, both of Ephrata.
In addition to her husband she was preceded in death by a stepson: Lloyd Martin; brothers: Elam Lauver and Henry Lauver; and sisters: Anna Horst and Maria Lauver.
Funeral services were held May 6 at Meadow Valley Mennonite Church in Ephrata, with Bishop Lester B. Martin officiating. Interment followed in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. To send a condolence, visit stradlingfuneralhome.com.