- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Margaret Mary Eckman
Margaret “Maggie” Mary Eckman, 43, of Akron, passed away Saturday, March 8, 2014, at her residence.
She was born in Philadelphia to Sandra (Hollinger) Adams of Ephrata and the late Thomas R. Adams Sr. She was the wife of Michael E. Eckman.
Margaret worked at American Dye. She was a kind, generous, gentle, artistic and loving mother, who will be missed by her children. She enjoyed spending time with her nieces and nephews and her grand nephew. She loved music, poetry, arts and crafts.
In addition to her husband and mother, she is survived by three sons: Timothy R. Turner of Colo., Edward M. Adams of Ephrata, Benjamin J. Eckman of Akron; two brothers: Joseph E. Adams, Patrick M. Adams; two sisters: Ruth Ann Glisson of Ephrata and Susan M. Foltz of Akron.
In addition to her father, she was preceded in death by her brothers: Thomas R. and John J. Adams.
A viewing will be held on Thursday, March 13, from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m., at the Stradling Funeral Home, 201 Church Ave., Ephrata, followed by a Mass of Christian Burial at 11 a.m., at Our Mother of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, 320 Church Ave., Ephrata, with Father John McLoughlin C.SS.R. as celebrant. Final commendation and farewell will take place in the Cedar Hill Cemetery.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.