- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Margaret McGowan, 90, seamstress
Margaret "Peg" McGowan, 90, of Stevens, passed away Sunday, Aug. 7, 2011 at the home of her son.
She was born May 18, 1921, in Patton to Daniel and Elnora (Sutton) Sheehan and was the wife of the late Joseph B. McGowan Jr., who passed away November 1997.
Peg was a member of Our Mother of Perpetual Help Catholic Church (OMPH), Ephrata. During her working years, she was a seamstress for the former Moyer’s Sewing Factory and the former Fleet-Air Shoe Company.
She is survived by a son: John "Jack," husband of Nancy (Lorah) McGowan, of Stevens; two grandchildren; Tammy L., wife of Chris Dreihaup; and Dennis J., husband of Jill (Lowry) McGowan; three great-grand children: Alyson, Joey and Luke; brother: Elmer Sheenan; sister: Dorothy Aungst; and sister-in-law: Norie McGowan.
In addition to her husband and parents, Margaret was preceded in death by a granddaughter: Jessica Ann McGowan; brothers: Joseph, Thomas, Ernest and Leo Sheehan; and sisters: Alice Penkosky, Catherine Trexler, Ellie Collins, Louise Smail, Elva Springer and infant twin sisters Mary and Annie.
Mass of Christian burial will be held on Aug. 12 at 11 a.m. at Our Mother of Perpetual Help Catholic Church, 320 Church Ave., Ephrata. Final commendation and farewell will take place in the Cedar Hill Cemetery, Ephrata.
Memorial contributions in Margaret’s memory may be made to Our Mother of Perpetual Help Benevolent Society, c/o O.M.P.H. Church, 320 Church Avenue, Ephrata, PA 17522 or Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, PO Box 4125, Lancaster.
Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.