- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Margaret S. Lied, 98, EHS cafeteria, Dutchmaid Inc. worker, resided at Manor
Margaret S. Lied, 98, formerly of Reamstown, passed away Sunday, April 28, 2013 at Ephrata Manor, where she resided since 2003.
Born in East Cocalico Township, Margaret was a daughter of the late Harry B. and Susan (Shober) Young and the wife of the late Lester H. Lied, who passed away in 1995.
Margaret was a member of Bethany United Church of Christ in Ephrata and worked at the former Dutchmaid, Inc. clothing manufacturer and Ephrata High School cafeteria.
She is survived by two daughters: Jo, wife of Paul Cox of Akron; and Jane: wife of Wilmer Sensenig of New Holland; five grandchildren: Janice Ballenger, Larry Cox, John Cox, Pat Caine, and Dale Sensenig; eight great-grandchildren: Mathew, James, Lisa, Lori, Brian, Kate, Cameron, and Brandon; four great-great-grandchildren: Brandon, Lauren, Olivia, and Chase; four step-great-grandchildren; and six step-great-great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by two brothers: Clarence and Floyd Young.
Friends were received at Bethany U.C.C. 140 East Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522. Memorial services will follow at 10:30 a.m. with the Rev. William LaSalle officiating.
Donations in Margaret’s memory may be directed to Bethany U.C.C., 140 East Main St., Ephrata, PA 17522.
The family would like to give many thanks to the staff at Ephrata Manor for the excellent care Margaret received over the last 10 years.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com