- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
MariaLyn Martin, 12, basketball player, gymnast
MariaLyn Flores Martin left her earthly life Saturday, July 30, 2011 and was greeted at heaven’s gates by Jesus Christ, her Lord and Savior. Other loved ones were there to greet her too, including her paternal grandparents: Clarence E. and Lydia L. Martin.
Born June 11, 1999 in Lancaster, she died in a car accident in Guatemala, where she and her mother and sister spent their summers visiting their Guatemalian family. The rest of the year she lived in Hew Holland and attended New Holland Elementary school. She would have entered seventh grade this fall at Garden Spot Middle School. She was also active in 56 at LCBC in Manheim.
In her short 12 years, she gave 110 percent to all she did and never passed an opportuntiy to try something new. Past activities were: swimming, gymnastics, horse backing, dance and school chorus. She was involved with softball, basketball and band. She had a goal and had the years counted down to when she would play basketball for University of Connecticut. She loved life, always had a big smile on her face and was a friend to all.
There will be a void left in many lives, especially her parents and sister: Lynn, Iliana and Marjory Martin; and her pets: Snow Ball and Polly.
Service details will be announced at a later date. Memorial contributions may be made to MariaLyn Martin Memorial Fund, Susquehanna Bank, P.O. 580 Blue Ball PA 17506 or any branch of the Susquehanna Bank.
It’s not how many years you live… it’s how you live those years. God… others… self. Well done, MariaLyn.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. For additional information or to send a condolence to the family, visit stradlingfuneralhome.com.