- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Marion R. Lorah, 80, baked at former Akron Restaurant
Marion R. Lorah, 80, of Lancaster, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Friday, May 10, 2013 at home. Her husband, the late Robert Lorah passed away Sept.11, 1988.
Born in East Cocalico Township, Marion was a daughter of the late Heber and Mary Ellen (Koch) Weitzel. She was a member of Mellingers Lutheran Church in Schoeneck and worked for many years as a baker at Akron Restaurant.
Marion will be lovingly missed by her family.
She is survived by a daughter: Lori Ann, wife of Mark Lennox of Lancaster; a son: Ray D. Croft, fiancÃ© of Brenda Pampe of Ephrata; seven grandchildren: Justin Lorah, Sonya Hoover, Brandon Kio, Janelle Lorah, Chad Croft, Alyssa Landes and Austin Landes; two step-grandchildren: Blair Lennox and Jackson Lennox; four great-grandchildren; a sister: Dorothy Stump of Harleysville; and Marion’s little buddy: Riley.
In addition to her husband and parents, Marion was preceded in death by a son: Lamar R. Lorah; and brothers: Donald, Leroy, William, and Harold Weitzel; and sister: Cathryn Butler.
Friends will be received at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata from on May 15 from 6 to 8 p.m. and at Mellingers Lutheran Church, 80 Gockley Rd., Stevens on May 16 from 1 to 2 p.m. Funeral services will begin at 2 p.m. with the Reverend Timothy L. Craven officiating. Place of interment will be Mellingers Cemetery.
A special thanks goes to her granddaughter Sonya Hoover and Hospice & Community Care for their special care in Marion’s final days.
Donations in Marion’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.