- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Marion Weis, 86, Ephrata, worked as a translator
Marion Weis, 86, of Ephrata, formerly of Akron, and Brooklyn, N.Y., passed away Friday, Nov. 15, 2013 at Ephrata Manor, where she resided.
Marion was the wife of the late John P. Weis, who passed away in 2002 and daughter of the late Peter O. and Sophia P. (Taras) Tatarin.
She worked as a translator and worshipped in the Greek Orthodox Faith.
Marion is survived by two grandchildren: Maj. James O’Sullivan, USMC of Philadelphia and Jill E. (O’Sullivan) Nixon, wife of Adam Nixon of Aldie, Va.
In addition to her husband and parents, Marion was preceded in death by her daughter, Donna O’Sullivan.
Funeral services will be held at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, at 11:15 a.m. Nov. 21 with Father Andriy Rabiy officiating. Friends will be received from 10:45 to 11:15 a.m. at the funeral home.
Interment will follow at Indiantown Gap National Cemetery, East Hanover Township, Lebanon County.
To offer your condolences visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.