- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Marion Wolf, 93, former head of retirement system
Marion M. Wolf, 93, formerly of Reading, passed away Saturday, Aug. 18, 2012 at Ephrata Manor Nursing Home.
She was born in South Heidelberg Township to the late Michael N. and Emma E. (Boyer) Kintzer and was the wife of the late Jacob G. Wolf, who passed away in 1998.
Marion was a member of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, Adamstown. She was a past president of State Employees Retirement System and a member of Heidelberg Historical Society. Marion enjoyed her family, crafts, knitting, crocheting, crafts and animals. During her working years, she worked as an LPN for Wernersville State Hospital.
Marion is survived by her four children: Donna L., wife of Donald E. Racer, of Lakeland, Fla.; Michael F. Wolf Sr., of Reading; David M. Wolf, of Reading; Daniel J. Wolf, of Reading; 12 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a sister: Collette, wife of Luke Wise, of Ephrata.
In addition to her parents and her husband, she is preceded in death by a daughter: Margaret A. Miller; and a brother: Francis Kintzer.
A viewing will be held on Aug. 22 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, 533 Walnut St., Denver. An additional viewing will be held on Aug. 23 from 9 to 10 a.m. followed by her funeral service at the St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 80 E. Main St., Adamstown, with Pastor Sandy Gideon officiating. Interment will take place in the Fairview Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Marion’s memory may be made to St. Paul’s Lutheran Church, 80 E. Main St., Adamstown, PA 19501.
Arrangements are being by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.