- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Marla Ann Martin, 74, children’s book author
Marla Ann Martin, 74, of Ephrata, formerly of Lampeter, died Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012 at the home of her niece.
Born in Bridgeport, she was the daughter of the late Paul G. and Eva (Witmer) Martin.
She taught school at various locations for 17 years. She wrote a number of children’s story books and also helped with writing school curriculum for first, second and third grades.
Surviving are one sister: Alma, wife of Harry Hertzler, of Mount Pleasant Mills; and one brother: Elvin, husband of Marian (Neff) Martin, of New Holland. She is lovingly remembered by five nephews and four nieces.
Two brothers: Paul C. and Millard L. Martin, preceded her in death.
Her funeral service will be held Oct. 24 at 1:30 p.m. from Conestoga Drive Mennonite Church, N. Conestoga Drive, Lancaster. Interment will take place at Mellinger Mennonite Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
For more information, visit furmanfuneralhome.com.