- Reel Reviews: 2017 Oscar picks
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Warwick grad producing ‘Million Dollar Quartet’ at Dutch Apple
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- St. Patty’s musical at Ephrata Main
- Dance, concert will benefit Jamaica missions
- Happy Anniver5ary, St. Boniface!
- Downtown diversity
- Travelogue will explore Colorado River this Saturday
Marla Ann Martin, 74, children’s book author
Marla Ann Martin, 74, of Ephrata, formerly of Lampeter, died Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012 at the home of her niece.
Born in Bridgeport, she was the daughter of the late Paul G. and Eva (Witmer) Martin.
She taught school at various locations for 17 years. She wrote a number of children’s story books and also helped with writing school curriculum for first, second and third grades.
Surviving are one sister: Alma, wife of Harry Hertzler, of Mount Pleasant Mills; and one brother: Elvin, husband of Marian (Neff) Martin, of New Holland. She is lovingly remembered by five nephews and four nieces.
Two brothers: Paul C. and Millard L. Martin, preceded her in death.
Her funeral service will be held Oct. 24 at 1:30 p.m. from Conestoga Drive Mennonite Church, N. Conestoga Drive, Lancaster. Interment will take place at Mellinger Mennonite Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
For more information, visit furmanfuneralhome.com.