- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Marlene Hammer, Denver, Quinlan, Cinderella worker
Marlene "Grammy" J. Hammer, 80, of Denver, passed away Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012 at her residence.
She was born in Denver to the late Clarence and Mamie Hiester and was the wife of Robert H. Hammer. They were married 53 years in February.
She worked for Quinlin Pretzels, Kinder Manufacturing and Cinderella Knitting Mill, Denver, in the packaging department. Grammy enjoyed fishing with her husband. She also liked gardening, reading and watching NASCAR and Court TV. Later in life she enjoyed listening to audio books and going to the beach. Spending time with her daughters and grandchildren was especially enjoyable.
In addition to her husband, Grammy is survived by her daughters: Rochelle, wife of the late Jeffrey Stuter, of Middletown; Renee Reese, of Denver; and Regina Hammer, of Denver; a brother: Richard, husband of the late Doris Hiester, of Wernersville; grandchildren: Jason Stuter, of Middletown; Crystal Smith, of Lancaster; Laurie, wife of Robert Gettis, of Manheim; and Kristin, wife of Kevin Smith, of Harrisburg; two nephews; and a niece.
Funeral services were held Oct. 22 at Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, with Pastor Stephen Hollinger officiating. A private interment will be held at the convenience of the family.
If desired, memorial contributions in Grammy’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, formerly Hospice of Lancaster County P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.