- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Marlene Z. Weidman, 80, Martindale native, crafter
Marlene Z. Weidman, 80, of Lancaster, went home to be with Jesus Saturday, July 20, at Conestoga View.
Born in Martindale, she was the daughter of the late Clayton and Mary Zinn Getz, and was married for 60 years to Leroy Weidman of Leola.
A member of the Family Worship Center in Baton Rouge, La., she was also a member of Voganville Salem Evangelical Church. She enjoyed camping and doing crafts. She was a loving wife, mother, grandmother and great-grandmother.
Survivors include her husband: Leroy; a son: Phillip (Kimberly) Weidman; daughter: Brenda (William) Sprecher; grandchildren: Josiah, Jeremiah and Nathaniel Sprecher; and Phillip, Clayton, Brandon and Courtney Weidman; 11 great-grandchildren; brother: Robert (Joanne) Getz and a sister: Grace Getz.
Funeral services were held July 23 at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz. Burial was in Emanuel Lutheran Cemetery, Brickerville.
Contributions may be made in her memory to Conestoga View, 900 E. King St., Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.