- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Martha R. Martin, 67, was housekeeper at hospital
Martha R. Martin, 67, of Ephrata, passed away Monday, March 18, 2013, at her brother’s residence in Ephrata Township.
She was born in West Earl Township to Rufus and Bertha M. (Rissler) Martin.
She was a member of the Conestoga Mennonite Church (Groffdale Conference). Martha worked at the Ephrata Hospital in the housekeeping department for many years.
In addition to her parents, she is survived by two brothers: Ivan R., husband of Katie (Zimmerman) Martin of Ephrata; Rufus R., husband of Anna Mary (Brubacher) Martin of Ephrata; a sister: Anna R., wife of David S. Weaver of New Holland; two sisters-in-law: Lena (Nolt) Martin of Ephrata; and Mabel (Weaver) Martin of Ephrata; and numerous nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by two brothers: John R. and Aaron R. Martin.
A viewing was held Tuesday, March 19, at the Rufus R. Martin residence followed by funeral services on March 20 at the Martin residence and further services at the Conestoga Mennonite Church (Groffdale Conference) with Bishop Ammon Weaver officiating. Interment was in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.