- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Marvin Martin, former Ephrata resident
Marvin S. Martin, 90, of Mt. Pleasant Mills, formerly of Ephrata, passed away Wednesday, Aug. 3, 2011 at the home of his son and daughter-in-law, Marlin and Anna Martin.
Marvin was born on May 26, 1921 in Lancaster County, a son of the late Wilson W. and Sarah (Stauffer) Martin. He was the husband of Miriam S. (Auker) Martin, to whom he was married 67 years.
He was a member of Chapman Old Order Mennonite Church, Port Trevorton.
In addition to his wife, he is survived by his five children: Marlin A., husband of Anna A. Martin, of Mt. Pleasant Mills; Esther A., wife of Noah S. Martin, and Mildred A. Martin, all of Port Trevorton; Clair A., husband of Miriam G. Martin, of Ephrata; and Irene A., wife of Amos S. Martin, of Holyrood, Ontario, Canada; 18 grandchildren; 30 great-grandchildren; a brother: Wilson S. Martin, of Port Trevorton; and a sister: Sarah S. Martin, of New Holland.
Mr. Martin was preceded in death by an infant son: Marvin, in 1949; and four brothers: Mahlon, Walter, Jacob and Willis Martin.
Funeral services were held from his son and daughter-in-law’s home in Mt. Pleasant Mills, with further services at Chapman Old Order Mennonite Church, Port Trevorton. Burial was made in the adjoining church cemetery. The George P. Garman Funeral Homes, Inc., Mt. Pleasant Mills, have been entrusted with the arrangements.