- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary Ann Grubb, piano teacher, church organist
Mary Ann Grubb, 86, of Ephrata, went home to be with her Maker Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2013 at Conestoga View Nursing Home in Lancaster.
Mary Ann’s husband, the late Ralph E. Grubb, passed away July 27, 2013.
Born in West Reading, Mary Ann was a daughter of the late Paul H. and Esther Mae (Peiffer) Neidermyer. She lived most of her life as a resident of the Ephrata area and was a self-employed piano and organ teacher for many years.
Mary Ann also served as a church organist and accompanied several gospel groups.
She is survived by five children: Misty (Grubb) Peters, wife of Richard Peters of Lititz; Thomas Martin, husband of Carol, of Lancaster; Suzanne (Grubb) Cardoza, wife of Henry Cardoza of California; Linda (Grubb) Mutzel of Lititz and Craig Grubb of Indiana; 11 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and one brother: James Neidermyer, husband of Jeanne Neidermyer of Stevens.
In addition to her husband and parents, Mary Ann was preceded in death by one sister: Evelyn Horst, and four brothers: Paul Jr., Carl, Ralph, and Fred Neidermyer.
Graveside funeral services were held at Lincoln Cemetery, Ephrata, Nov. 12, with the Reverend Daniel Brubaker officiating.
Services are under the care of Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, Ephrata.
To offer your condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.