- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary Ann Messina, 92, long-time NY waitress
Mary Ann Messina, 92, formerly of Long Island, N.Y., passed away Saturday, July 6, 2013, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born in Brooklyn to the late Ralph and Margaret Vicchione and was the wife of the late Jasper Messina.
Mary was a member of Our Mother of Perpetual Help Catholic Church. She was a waitress at Cookies Steak Pub, Long Island, N.Y., for 30 years before her retirement.
Mary is survived by three sons: Paul, husband of Anita Messina of N.Y., Ralph Messina of Fla., Gregory, husband of Philomena Messina of Ohio; a daughter, Mary Ellen, wife of Mark Olszewski of Ephrata; 11 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a son, John Michael Messina.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held July 11 at the Good Shepherd Roman Catholic Church, Holbrook, N.Y., with Final Commendation and Farewell in the Pinelawn Memorial Park, Farmingdale, N.Y.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.