- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary Ellen Huston, 91, formerly of Adamstown, enjoyed travel
Mary Ellen Huston, 91, formerly of Adamstown, died March 9, 2014, in Garden Spot Village, New Holland.
Born in Franklin, Venango County, she was a daughter of the late Frank and Martha (Carothers) Cather, and was the wife of Gene H. Huston for 71 years.
A 1940 Franklin High School graduate, she was a member of Peace United Church of Christ, Swartzville, and a life member of Morris Chapter Order of Eastern Star, Oil City. Mary Ellen enjoyed cooking and entertaining, casino trips to Las Vegas and Atlantic City and traveling throughout North America with her husband in their RV.
Also surviving is a daughter: Jane L. Huston, wife of Ernest W. Werstler, Jr., Stevens; a son: Jon, husband of Donna Prall Huston, Randolph, N.J.; and her cherished granddaughters: Meredith Huston and Marissa, wife of Paul Schimpf.
Funeral services will be held March 15, at 11 a.m., from Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, with her pastor, The Rev. William E. Hoch, officiating. A viewing will be held an hour prior to the service. Burial will follow in Cedar Grove Cemetery, Adamstown.
Rather than flowers, consider contributions to Peace U.C.C., 37 E. Swartzville Rd., Denver, PA 17517.
Online condolences may be given at goodfuneral.com. Arrangements by Good Funeral Home, Reamstown.