- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary F. Grant, 89, retired Cocalico teacher, author
Mary F. Grant, 89, of Mohnton, died Tuesday, June 11 at her home.
Mary’s husband of 47 years, Leo R. Grant, survives. Born in Earl Township, she was the daughter of the late Daniel M. and Ella (Eby) Fox.
Mary graduated from the former New Holland High School, Goshen College, and Temple University. She was an elementary teacher for 15 years in the Eastern Lancaster County School District, five years in Cheltenham Township, and 15 years in the Cocalico School District, retiring in 1983.
She was a member of Trinity Lutheran Church where she provided communion bread, helped with flowers and fellowship activities. She was a life member of the Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, and National Retired Teachers Associations.
Because of her interest in history and genealogy, she was active in the Eby Family Association, serving as secretary for a time. She traveled to Germany twice to do research for the Fox ancestry book she later authored entitled "Our Heinrich." She also enjoyed quilting and helped make quilts to benefit the Red Cross and other organizations.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by a sister, Anna E. Fox, of Fairmount Home, Ephrata and 25 nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by six brothers: Willis, Henry, John, Daniel, Ivan, and Elmer Fox and a sister, Sarah Zimmerman.
Her funeral will be held June 14 at 11 a.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church, 221 E. Main St., New Holland with Pastor David Klepper officiating. Interment will be in the adjoining church cemetery. A viewing will be held at the church on Friday from 10 to 11 a.m.
Kindly omit flowers. The Groff-High Funeral Home, New Holland is in charge of arrangements. Online condolences may be posted at groffeckenroth.com.