- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary H. Hamlin, 93, J.L. Clark worker, quilter
Mary H. Hamlin, 93, of Ephrata, went home to be with her Lord Saturday, Aug. 10, 2013, at Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center.
She was born in Lancaster to the late Joseph and Lila (Belle) Hogarth and was the wife of the late Webster Hamlin.
Mary was a member of the Akron Church of the Brethren, where she was a long time member of the Good Shepherd Sunday school class, a prayer warrior and a member of the Ugly Quilters. During her working years, she was a press operator for the former J.L. Clark Co., of Lancaster for 25 years. Mary was a cross word puzzle expert and enjoyed drum and bugle corps.
She is survived by a daughter: Judith Herr of Akron; a son-in-law: Vern, husband of Dolores (Klaips) Adams of Lancaster; five grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren and two great-great grandchildren. She was an adopted grandmother to an extended family for the past 14 years.
In addition to her husband and parents, she was preceded in death by a son: Arthur Lemon; three brothers: Joseph Hogarth, John Hogarth and William Hogarth; four sisters: Evelyn Snyder, Margaret Shaub, Lillie Peters and June Gingrich.
A viewing will be held Aug. 16 from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Akron Church of the Brethren, 613 Main St., Akron, followed by her funeral service at 10 a.m. with Pastor Thomas Weber officiating. Interment will be in the Bergstrasse Lutheran Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Jacob’s Well Senior Ministry, PO Box 36, Akron, PA 17501.
Please omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.