- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary I. Benner, 73, Skip’s Cutting, Dutchmaid finisher
Mary I. Benner, 73, of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, March 21, 2013, at Ephrata Community Hospital.
She was born in Brunnerville to the late Carl and Alice (Worley) McNally and was the wife of Vernon Benner, with whom they celebrated 55 years of marriage.
Mary worked as a finisher for Skip’s Cutting and Dutchmaid Clothing. She enjoyed spending time with her family, doing word puzzles and going to the beach.
In addition to her husband, Mary is survived by her son: Eugene, husband of Evelyn Benner of Stevens; daughters: Linda, wife of Colin Gockley of Stevens; Catherine "Toot" Benner, partner of Susan Shellenberger of Lancaster; and Christine, wife of James Burd of Stevens; a brother: Charles McNally of New Jersey; a sister: Lydia Beashore of Adamstown; seven grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by one grandson: Clarence Gockley; and her brothers: Carl McNally Jr. and Ralph McNally.
A viewing was held March 26 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home followed by funeral services with Keith Miller officiating. Interment was in the Memory Gardens Memorial Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Mary’s memory may be made to Hospice & Community Care, formerly Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125 Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.