- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary Jane Kurtz, Ephrata, Dutchmaid Inc. employee
Mary Jane Kurtz, age 90, a resident of Ephrata Manor and formerly of Ephrata, died Saturday, Dec. 3, 2011 in Ephrata Community Hospital.
She was born in Ephrata, a daughter of the late Roy L. and Helen V. (Stohler) Haldeman. Her husband, "C. J." Kurtz, died Feb. 24, 2007.
A 1939 Ephrata High School graduate, she was a member of Bethany United Church of Christ, Ephrata, and had been employed in the office of the former Dutchmaid Inc., Ephrata.
Surviving are sons: James L., husband of Fran Kurtz, of Akron; and Thomas J., husband of Nancy (Clupper) Kurtz, of Lancaster; and granddaughters: Mischelle "Missy," wife of Joseph Ambrosio, of York; and Rev. Heather Kurtz, of Northhampton.
At Mary Jane’s request, funeral services will be held privately by the family with burial in Bergstrasse Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Remember her with contributions to The Ephrata Manor Benevolent Fund, 99 Bethany Road, Ephrata, PA 17522. Good Funeral Home, Reamstown, is honored to be serving the Kurtz Family. For more information, visit goodfuneral.com.