- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary Rutt, 95, EHS graduate
Mary Emily Rutt, 95, a longtime resident of Ephrata, passed away Thursday, Dec. 8, 2011 at United Zion Retirement Community in Lititz.
She was the widow of the late Lloyd W. Rutt who passed in 1995. Born in Ephrata, Mary was the daughter of the late Howard E. and Maggie (Heiney) Sheaffer.
She was a 1934 graduate of Ephrata High School and a member of Bethany United Church of Christ in Ephrata.
Mary is survived by two daughters: Audrey L., wife of Jacque A. Smith, of Reinholds; and Shelby A., wife of Barret C. Brooks, of Ephrata; five grandchildren: Susan L. Fitzpatrick, Carol A. Nolt, Ann K. Lagaza, Barret C. Brooks II and Lori Gehman; seven great-grandchildren: Brighid, Emily, Jaquelyn, Michelle, Jeana, Krystal and Justin; great-great granddaughter: Brailyn; and a nephew: Howard Kulp, of Ephrata.
She was preceded in death by a son: Stephen L. Rutt.
Funeral services were held on Dec. 14 at Paul L. Gravenor Home For Funerals, 100 W. Main St., Ephrata, with the Rev. Stephen Ericson officiating. Interment took place in Mohler Brethren Cemetery, Ephrata Township.
Donations in Mary’s memory may be directed to the American Diabetes Association and the American Heart Association.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.