- Flamin’ Dick celebrates the golden years of rock-n-roll
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Library explores the FAQs around ‘Exploring Human Origins’ exhibit
- Eight-year-old boy creates Monkees video, gets nod from Micky Dolenz
- A belly full of laughter: EPAC presents ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- Trolley’n for brews
- Pretzel Fest: twisted fun for everyone
- Armed Forces Day swing dance
- Ephrata Police caution on new smoking rules
- Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
Mary Stauffer, 87, business owner
Mary E. Stauffer
Mary Elizabeth (Steffy) Stauffer, 87, of New Holland, passed away Monday, May 16, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was born in Gordonville, the daughter of the late George and Mary (Myers) Steffy. She is survived by her husband, Clarence Stauffer, of New Holland.
Mary was a member of Metzler Mennonite Church in Ephrata. She was an integral part of the family business, C.S. Stauffer and Sons Inc. She enjoyed camping, wrote poetry and was a 25-year member of TOPS. She was also an animal lover, who loved her dogs.
Mary is survived by four sons: Bruce Stauffer, husband of Joan (McFarland), of Akron; Clare Stauffer, husband of Peg (Brown), of Brownstown; C. Lavern Stauffer, husband of Loretta (Lapp), of Ephrata; and Mahlon Stauffer, husband of Linda (Kreider), of Paradise; 11 grandchildren; and 22 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held May 21 at Metzler Mennonite Church with Pastor Nevin Horning officiating. Interment followed in adjoining church cemetery.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. To send a condolence, visit stradlingfuneralhome.com.